Sunday, May 16, 2010



Tulip Festival is as advertised: heaps, boatloads, beds, and beds of tulips.
Some of us enjoyed the tulips more than others.

"Oooooh, pretty colors."
"Stupid flowers." (I think Finn misses the camping tent we set-up together in the back yard.)
Is it just me, or does it seem every Leite outing is merely an excuse to eat fried sugar-laden dough? (It's just an excuse to eat. As you can see, I am wearing my weekend uniform; a plain white shirt and sunglasses.)
"Thank god for the sugar dough." (The first "Beaver Tail" had sugar and lemon juice on it. The second one had Nutella and icing sugar. It's so amazing. Oh, and for those who don't know, a Beaver Tail is like a flattened doughnut, with more sugar.)
"Whee! Sugar!" (Rose just likes going outside.)
"
This little lady is ever so slowly learning to walk.
"Ever so cutely, I think I'll tip-toe over here towards the edge."
I don't know if it comes across in the pictures or not, but Finn loves Dadda.
Really, really loves him. "Best Dadda in the whole wide world" kind of love.
And I think the feeling is mutual.
"I think I have grown tired of flowers now, Mama. Home please." (The sugar rush may be over, but I think Rose is upset we did not make it to the breakfast buffet downtown this weekend. I know I am disappointed about it.)

No comments: